Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Christina Aguilera is a Barefaced beauty for Paper Magazine

Grammy award winner Christina Aguilera debuted a toned-down, makeup-free look for the cover of Paper Magazine, which can be regarded as a transformation for her highly anticipated next era of music.



In the stunning photos, we see the 37-year-old, completely barefaced and stripped of any beauty product, showcasing her freckles and light blue eyes.

Christina spoke to Paper on how her image has evolved over the years, the legacy she hopes to leave behind for her children and her new era of music.

Read excerpts from the interview below:
On the domestic abuse she grew up around: I watched my mom have to be submissive, watch her Ps and Qs or she’s gonna get beat up. You can either be, unfortunately, so damaged by it that you take a turn for the worse, or you can feel empowered by it and make choices to never go down that route. I hate when people say, ‘Why doesn’t she just leave?’ There’s psychological damage and mental abuse that comes with being in a situation like that. A lot of people don’t have the ability to vocalize it themselves or have the know-how to get out.
On her image evolution: I mean, I’m a girl that likes a beat face. Let’s not get it twisted, I’ve always been someone that obviously loves to experiment, loves theatrics, loves to create a story line and play a character in a video or through stage. I’m a performer, that’s who I am by nature. But I’m at the place, even musically, where it’s a liberating feeling to be able to strip it all back and appreciate who you are and your raw beauty.

On the advice she’ll share with her 3-year-old daughter: I don’t want to inject too much upon her as to how I’m choosing to live my life and what I’ve done in my career, I just hope I can allow what I’m doing to influence her to be her own person. That’s truly what I hope for her. I really want to make sure my children are both very confident in the sense that they know who they are and that they won’t be easily swayed by outside opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment