Thursday, January 31, 2019

Gremlins & Terminator Actor, Miller Dies Aged 90

Gremlins and Terminator actor Dick Miller, has died aged 90, after enjoying a career spanning more than 60 years.



The prolific screen actor is best known for his role as Murray Futterman in the 1984 classic horror film Gremlins, though he made hundreds of on screen appearances since his debut in the 1950s.

His first appearance came as Walter Paisley in the cult classic 'A Bucket of Blood' under the directorship of Roger Corman.

One of his earliest screen appearances was in 1955's 'Apache Woman', in which Miller played two characters, one of whom shoots the other during a key sequence in the film.

He may be most memorable for his performance as Murray Futterman in Gremlins.

Joe Dante, Dick's director on Gremlins, has shared his despair at the news in a couple of tweets.

Joe wrote: "I'm devastated to report that one of my best friends and most treasured collaborators has passed away. I "grew up" (kinda) watching Dick Miller in movies from the 50s on and was thrilled to have him in my first movie for

"We hit it off and every script thereafter I always looked for a role for Dick--not just because he was my friend but because I loved watching him act! But he leaves behind over 100 performances, a bio & a doc--not bad for a guy who hardly ever enjoyed a starring role."

1 comment: