Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Reality Tv Star Sheggz confirms breakup with Bella

Former Big Brother Naija housemate Sheggz has addressed the controversy surrounding his relationship with fellow reality TV star Bella, insisting that he did not cheat on her and revealing that they have been separated since January 2026.

In a lengthy statement, Sheggz said he had previously avoided speaking publicly about his personal life out of respect for his family but decided to clarify his position after what he described as attempts to tarnish his name and character.


He described himself as a man who values family, friendship, integrity and faith, while firmly stating that he is not an abuser.

Sheggz explained that much of 2025 was difficult for him due to health challenges that saw him spend considerable time in and out of hospital.

He said that after receiving treatment and recovering in England, he returned to Nigeria in October 2025 and became aware of information that made him question the honesty in his relationship.

According to him, he had given several opportunities since 2024 for the truth to be disclosed but eventually concluded that there were trust and respect issues he could not overlook in considering marriage.

He said the relationship officially ended in January 2026, although they later made attempts to reconcile.

Sheggz also revealed that he had purchased an engagement ring because he genuinely believed they could have a future together.

He maintained that despite the painful end of the relationship, he does not want hostility or a public exchange of accusations and wishes Bella well.

“I have never spoken publicly on the internet out of respect for my family, and it simply isn’t my nature to do so. However, after four years of working hard to build my life and my reputation, I feel it is only fair to clarify my position rather than allow my name or character to be unfairly tarnished.

“I am a man who values family, friendship, integrity and my faith. I am a brother, a friend to many and most importantly, I know the values I stand for. I am not an abuser.

“For clarity, I did not cheat on Bella and I have been single since January 2026.

“Much of 2025 was an extremely difficult period for me as I spent a significant amount of time in and out of hospital. I am genuinely grateful to be alive after everything I experienced. Following treatment and recovery in England, I returned to Nigeria in October 2025, where I became aware of information that caused me to question the honesty within our relationship. I had given several opportunities since 2024 for the truth to be shared with me but unfortunately, that did not happen.

“It was difficult for me to process, particularly because I had loved Bella deeply and genuinely hoped we would spend our lives together. I also struggled with how the situation was handled and at times, I felt there was not the level of remorse or understanding I had hoped for.

“The relationship ended in January 2026. We made attempts to reconcile afterwards but ultimately I came to the conclusion that there were issues of trust and respect that I could not overlook when considering marriage. I believe a marriage should be built on mutual respect, honesty and the ability to communicate with one another properly.

“I genuinely wanted the relationship to work. I even went as far as purchasing a ring because I believed in the possibility of a future together. Unfortunately, sometimes two people can care deeply for one another and still come to the realisation that the relationship is no longer right for them.

“I understand that her family may have their own feelings about the situation and I respect that. From my side, I know that I tried sincerely and repeatedly to make things work.

“I have no desire for hostility or public back-and-forth. I simply want to move forward peacefully with dignity and respect for everyone involved. I wish Bella nothing but the best in life and I hope we can all eventually move on with grace,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment