Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Photos: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg in Nigeria!

Facebook’s Chief Executive Officer, Mark Zuckerberg, is currently in Nigeria to see how Facebook can better support technology development and entrepreneurship in the country.



The Facebook CEO visited a ‘Summer of Code Camp’ at the Co-Creation Hub in Yaba, otherwise known as the Silicon Valley of Nigeria, as one of his first stops on the trip.
After visiting CcHub, Zuckerberg said, “This is my first trip to sub-Saharan Africa. I’ll be meeting with developers and entrepreneurs, and learning about the startup ecosystem in Nigeria. The energy here is amazing and I’m excited to learn as much as I can.
“The first place I got to visit was the CcHuB in Yaba. I got to talk to kids at a summer coding camp and entrepreneurs who came to the CcHub to build and launch their apps. I’m looking forward to meeting more people in Nigeria.”

He then went to Andela, an engineering organisation that is building the next generation of developers and technical leaders in Africa.

2 comments: