The Nigeria Democratic Congress, NDC, presidential candidate, said this on Thursday, September 24, during an interview on Arise Television’s Prime Time.
He was speaking on electoral integrity, opposition politics and democratic governance ahead of the 2027 presidential election.
Obi said: "I’ve said it, and I’ll say it again: if I am the serving president of this country, whoever rigs elections will be in jail. Even for one vote, you will be in jail."
The former Anambra State governor also promised that political parties, including opposition parties, would not be harassed under his administration, stressing that his government would involve them in decisions affecting the country.
Obi also said that during his administration, opposition members would be involved in government decisions whenever he travels outside the country.
Obi went on to criticise the "restrictions" placed on his campaign activities in some states. He stated that candidates should be allowed to campaign freely regardless of their political affiliations.

No comments:
Post a Comment