Thursday, July 28, 2022

Governor Umahi's brother declines approval of his appointment by President Buhari as RMAFC Secretary

Augustine Umahi, younger brother of Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi state has declined his appointment as the secretary of the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC).

 Augustine declined the appointment just after President Buhari approved the appointment alongside two others on Wednesday July 27.

 Mr Umahi was appointed to serve as the secretary of RMAFC for an initial term of four years with effect from July 6.

 Conveying his decision to decline the appointment in a statement on Thursday July 28, Augustine said; “I am honestly humbled by this show of love but regret to inform you that I declined the appointment. 

 “This is because it is best for job seekers, retired civil servants or anyone who loves the job. “I am also convinced that at my age and work experience, it is not in doubt that I know what I want in life. 

 “Anyone interested in the position should not hesitate to approach our indefatigable governor to do the needful. This is because to my knowledge, the position is still vacant.”

No comments:

Post a Comment