Monday, June 29, 2020

Toke Makinwa reveals how she was saved from PTSD through therapy

Media personality Toke Makinwa took to Instagram to disclose her struggle with PTSD. She then explained that her journey to healing required therapy.



The author shared a video of Oprah Winfrey addressing her tense relationship with her mother and how she struggled as a child who was not accepted because of the colour of her skin and her looks.

Toke added in the caption that everyone is struggling with something. She proceeded to share her own struggle.


She wrote: “We are all broke different, Therapy saved me. I’m not a hundred percent, but I can say that going to therapy has really helped. One day I hope I’m brave enough to share my journey to healing fro PSTD through therapy. Forgive some today, I know it’s difficult but life is short. And just like Oprah played music and family thanked her, mum, I pray you all get the courage to go to those dark places and come out in the light. Love you all – TM”.

No comments:

Post a Comment